Wednesday 6 March 2013

Great Expectations: Practicing for Miss Havisham




In preparation for creating Miss Havisham, I practiced using Aging Stipple on another person instead of myself, as I expected, it was much easier to do so and I feel my technique has improved by having a better perspective in which to view what I was doing.

Feeling more confident in my application of the stipple, I tried colouring over the latex to make the model look more aged and worn down, I don’t think it went as well as it could have, looking back I would like to make the eye bags slightly darker so will remember this while doing my look.

In this practice I also attempted to add veins on the side of the face, near the eye, it took a while to mix up a colour that would work, but think in the end I did rather well and now definitely want to use this idea in my final look for Miss Havisham.

Overall, those this is a relatively small part of the makeup, it is also the most important so getting it right is vital, I feel as though I can do a good job now after this practice, learning my strength and how to fix my mistakes made here.

No comments:

Post a Comment