Wednesday 6 March 2013

Great Expectations: First Attempt Estella




Here are the images from my first attempt of Estella’s makeup and hair, it was originally my final look but now that I have shot there are many things I would like the change and therefore decided that I will reshoot and make a few changes to the hairstyle I chose to use.

I am pleased with the makeup, but it shows up poorly on camera, so when reshooting I will try to make it heavier so that it will be picked up by the camera more, although it’s a natural look, the flash made it so the contouring and shading of the face are rather non-existent, the model’s face seems flat and not giving her the depth and dramatic angles I see Estella having, matching to her personality.

The issue I find I have with the hair is that the curls at the front aren’t behaving correctly and sticking out at strange angles, the plats I included aren’t very noticeable and just fade in with the rest of the hair and the curls under the bun seem weak and thin, almost randomly placed there. Though I still like the initial idea, my execution of it wasn’t up to standard, though I will rethink my idea again before the shoot, considering more plats to adorn the hair with more detail and placing the curls at the front lower down to avoid the over volumised issue I faced with this attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment