Wednesday 6 March 2013

Great Expectations: Final Design Miss Havisham




  • Aging Stipple (Mostly around eyes)
  • Pale Foundation
  • Yellow Tint Contouring (Eyes sockets, nose and cheeks)
  • Eye Bags and Sunken Eyes
  • Veins (Side of head)
  • Greyed Eyebrows and Lashes
  • Chapped Lips


In my final design for Miss Havisham, my makeup design has only a few changes from the second design in my face charts, for the final look I decided to include the veins on the side of the head and the greying of eye lashes and brows. Though these are small details, I feel they will help make the overall look more dramatic and I am very excited about bring this look to life, almost an irony to the fact Miss Havisham is almost dead.

For the hair, I continued to deteriorate from my other sketches, showing the effects of growth and other environmental issues. Nearly all of the hair is falling out, but the bun is maintaining so form as it would be held in place by a lot of pins and clips, it won’t be as neat as it once was and will be falling apart slightly, but the amount of styling gone into it will still be holding the majority of it in place, because of this, the veil and flowers pinned into it will also remain vaguely in their original positions. Although it may not seem like a lot of styling is included in the hair, a lot of consideration has gone into deciding how time would have taken effect on the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment